Sunday, January 14, 2007

We made it to LONDON! So far it has been FANTASTIC! The airplane trip was great, I LOVE British Air! We had the bulkhead with this nifty little seat that Phoebe was able to sleep in, and the older two seriously thought we were in first class. They had their own movie players where they could choose a movie, (they both chose Shrek), and a kids meal with like 12 yummy things to choose from. They kept smiling and saying, "This is so fun."

I LOVE our apartment, and neighborhood. We are in South Kensington, and it is so nice to walk around, there are lots of kids and babies being pushed around. I am however in the minority in that I do not have a Bugaboo stoller.. but I can live with that. Today we walked to Kensington Gardens, with a brief stop to take a picture in a "London phone booth" . Kensington Gardens is really big and beautiful, and it is just so fun to see all the people. We saw Kensington Palace, and Mary-Mae was VERY intrigued, and has been asking a lot of questions about Princess Diana. There was a picture of Diana on the gates, and Mary-Mae thought she was so beeutiful.. Mary-Mae asked "Did she come out of the Palace to see all the kids play?'
"Sometime..." I replied
"But if she loved Children, wouldn't she want to see them?"
"Yes, but it was hard for her to come out."
"Why?"
"Because when she would come out, it would cause a lot of confusion, and people would mob around her."
I thought this was such an interesting exchange.... it made me think how sad and tragic and messy things can be, and how children can be so darn logical.

Anyway, we are back in the apartment, and I have my email up and I am SO excited to be in cyberspace! I will post pictures soon!

There are STARBUCKS EVERYWHERE!!!! (Thanks, Sally!) Am I a total loser that everytime I see one my heart skips a beat, and I feel somewhat comforted??? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you made it. How cool is it that you have your own blog.

Does Gabe have access to the NBA games there? I can't think that this will help his fantasy basketball team.


Steve