Saturday, March 31, 2007





I am in LOVE. In love with a town called Henley.
We had a fantastic day today! We rode the train out to Henley which took about 45 minutes, and was a lovely train ride. Once we got there we walked over to the Rowing Museum, which was our main purpose of going. I mentioned before that they have a Wind in the Willows exhibit, and Gabe has been reading it to the kids. We are waiting in line, and I hear the museum lady say to the lovely family in front of us, whom I shall get back to in a minute, that the Wind in the WIllows exhibit is CLOSED. What?! Yikes!!! Turns out a bit of water ran throught the exhibit... blah blah, will be open soon. All of this is fine and dandy, a quick explanation to the kids that we will come back another day, and things are fine. NOW! That family we were waiting behind.. it was Liam Gallagher from Oasis! How fantastic is that!? Since I got here I have been wanting to see someone, someone famous and "Londony", to complete my London experience.. and there he was. The ironic thing is, I had to LEAVE London to see someone!
Anywho! The museum was totally fun, there was an interactive cox exhibit, that Mary-Mae loved. We then walked down the river, stopping to play on a playground. We walked to the center of town, and saw the Oxford Men's crew team running, which was cool. As, they were running in a line, all with their jackets on. The town itself, is just beautiful and charming, and LOTS of famalies about. We were able to go into a family friendly pub and have a pint, and then a bit of shopping, and then back on the train and back to London. By far, one of my favorite places.

No comments: