Wednesday, May 09, 2007

FOR HIRE

Yesterday I was riding the tube with the kids, and it was a relaxing trip. We were headed west further out of the city, so those trips tend to be pretty empty, and I hang out near the end of the platform so we get on one of the least crowded cars. As you head west the tracks are elevated and you ride level to the third stories of all the brick row homes... this reminds me of the view from the train in Philly. Looking at all the homes must have really got George thinking because the wheels started turning and he announced, "I can't wait till I am a teenager and live by myself! Did you live by yourself when you were a teenager?"

I answered, "No, I lived with Beba and Potter (my parents) and then I went to college and lived with Leigh..."
"And then she fell in love with DADDY!" Mary-Mae happily burst in.
I laughed at the sweetness of the comment, of her actually thinking of us existing before her.
Then she shouts "GOOD JOB! Mom, you picked the BEST DADDY!"
"Yeah, good job, Mom." George adds.

Gabe and I laughed this morning, imagining them thinking of me "interviewing" Gabe..
"Now what exactly do you feel you will bring to the table? Give me an idea of the types of Games you will play. Tell me, why should YOU be Mary-Mae, George, and Phoebe's Daddy?"

You're hired!

No comments: