Thursday, February 08, 2007

Today it is a wet, freezing rainy day. UGH- it is going to be a challenging one. The one motivation, other then WANTING to experience this cool city, for getting out everyday is the reality that 3 kids and a mom DO not mix so well in a hotel apartment. The kids get a little loud and crazy, playing some game that involves Mary-Mae being the Mom and George being a frog. Phoebe just gets all around fussy and bored...oh well. I can't complain, the weather for the most part has been fantastic.
A funny thing that has occurred is Mary-Mae has made quick friends with the hotel desk staff and manager. SHe often will run up there to tell them something, ask for something, etc. She loves it, and they seem to love her. Gabe coming home from work the other night, walked in to see her behind the desk...she is our little Eloise.
My new obsession is PerezHilton.com. I still don't have my computer back or my email... and I miss my email so much--- that I have re directed all my energy into checking perzhilton every 10 minutes. Also, love the London newspaper. They publish births everyday, and list the brother and sisters names. I love reading names. In case you were wondering.. Amelia, Isabelle, and Lucy seem to be the girl faves. Alfie, William and James top the boys. Also Cosmo and Cosomina make more appearances then you would think....
Another side note...we stopped in this little gourmet market yesterday on the way home from the park to get some bread. They had a whole "import" section of American food.....Lucky charms, marsh mellows, oreos, fruit loops... all the hits.. the real piece de resistance for Mary-Mae, who was squealing at this point of the excitement was the box of Nilla wafers. I almost said yes, until I looked at the price 5 pounds... that is TEN DOLLARS!!!! No way, little girl.

3 comments:

Dara Lockert said...

Hi abby- just want to let you know that your email is bumping back that it's too full to recieve more. Maybe you ditch the kids with Gabe and head out to an internet cafe tonight...

I've always loved reading names! I can't believe Alfie is a big name- I grew up with an Alfie- he was one of a kind. Kind of my academic rival. If I beat him at something in class he would cry uncontrollably.

Dara

Fit to Be a Princess said...

Thanks Dara-
I appreciate you letting me know :(
Sadly--- m stupid qwest email, you have to download a code to access it from another computer-- and the only computer I could do that from is the one that is broken....
so frustrsted!!!!
Hope all is well there! We are missing everyone...

Beba said...

Hi Abby, since you used my computer this summer, is there some way it (your account) can be downloaded from here?