Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This whole being alone with my kids for pretty much 24/7 has given me much reflection time. I am so amazed at how my babies are changing. Mary-Mae is this being, that I don't even know where she came from. I stare at her sometimes when she isn't looking, and just search, search for that little baby she use to be. I remember all the events so clearly, her being born, her starting to walk, her first birthday, her getting sick, her learning to re-walk. But sometimes I can't find the baby that all that stuff happened with inside this GIRL in front of me. She is becoming her own, and I catch more glimpses of the future with her then I do the past. I guess that is because she is my first born, and my trailblazer, and she is always moving forward at 100 MPH! She LOVES being in London and having a list of activities to choose from daily. Her energy never fails, I love that about her. SHe keeps me going.

Today we went to the DIana Playground, the kids rode their scooters, and the sun was warm but the air was cold when we were in the shade. We had a nice time, and then walked, rode scooters all the way back! George passed out when we got home, and took a nap. I know I will be paying for that later tonight as I struggle to get him to bed. Unlike Mary-Mae he, I think, is tiring of all the activity of being here. He prefers a nice balance of fun and down time. Heavy on the downtime!
Both kids are getting homesick. Which is tough, because it stirs up a whole range of emotions.

Tomorrow we are suppose to get snow, snow, snow! YIKES.
Gabe leaves for NYC on SUnday morning, and will be back on Tuesday. Kinda strange, that I will be alone in another country...... but not a big deal I guess in the scheme of things.

oooh, I have discovered Project Catwalk with is London's answer to Project Runway. It is hosted by Kelley Osborne, who interestingly enough is EXTREMELY popular over here. You get on the tube at any time of day and there is usually a gaggle of girls ... anyone could be a stand in for her.

1 comment:

mamamilkers said...

I'm so glad you're posting again! We miss you guys so much. It sounds like you're having a ton of fun!