Tuesday, February 06, 2007

In all my confusion of no computer and not blogging for that week or so, I totally forgot to mention that one night when I came out of the food store, I saw Prince Charles drive by!!! Gotta tell ya.. pretty exciting... I LOVE stuff like that-- and am an AVID Royal watcher. When I was little, I watched both weddings for Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah Ferguson. I remember writing letters to them and telling them how pretty I thought their weddings were. AND they wrote BACK! Well.. I am sure one of their aids wrote back. Anyways.. it was pretty exciting, I came out, and the intersection was blocked off and everyone on the street had stopped walking and was just standing there, and so I said. "what's going on?" ...and this guy looked at me like I had 8 heads a pointed..."It's Prince Charles!"

Every once and awhile.. I am caught by the overwhelming fact of just how much HANDS on parenting I am doing over here...I miss my Mom's night out.. and my coffee with friends during school hours... and school!!! I try not to think about it too much-- because it makes me tired and overwhelmed. But, it is short lived and I am trying to enjoy and embrace this unique opportunity!This morning, I was dragging at the thought of getting all 4 of us ready and out the door, and then off to do whatever... but I dragged us all out, packed the diaper bag, and headed to the Lobby. Like an angel the manager, who is lovely, says "Your children are so lucky that you get out with them everyday. It must be a lot of work."
....ahhhh , just a simple pat on the back made me feel re energized!!! We went to the Victoria and Albert Museum today. It is filled with lots of beautiful and historical objects. The kids were interested in the British section, there was a whole section of tea time and dress back in the 1700's and that all reminded Mary-Mae of the American Girl Felicity, and so she like looking at all of that. George LOVED the suits of armor.
We are looking SO forwarded to our visit from my parents and sister and Miss Lainie is a week! Other then that... all is well!

No comments: