Monday, February 05, 2007

Aside from the bird flu outbreak, and the letter bombs, we are still making out brilliantly here in London.
We had a nice weekend, on Saturday we all headed over to Marylebone to walk around the neighborhood. They have some fantastic shops, among my favorites was Cath Kidston, whom I adore, and have always wanted to go into one of her shops. So many beautiful things, and yet the terrible exchange rate always provides a damper and curbs my spending. I guess that is a good thing. So after some shops and a coffee and treat for the kiddos at a sidewalk cafe, the weather was SO nice this weekend, we walked over to Regents Park. I thought this park was so beautiful. The weather was fantastic and we just enjoyed a stroll through it as we made our way to the children's playground, which was a huge hit!
On Sunday, Mary-Mae and I made it out on our own to explore Covent Gardens. This was a really fun walk around because it is in an old fruit and veg market and there is just lots of space and stores everywhere, we got totally disoriented and lost walking around this area.. but found our way to a tube stop and made it home.

Today we are just taking it easy, as I am finding myself totally getting tired... I definitely need to find some sort of adult interaction during the day... aggh! We went to a little park close by, and there was one grandma and little girl there. Well turns out the grandma was from NJ and her friends have a summer place in Brigantine.. we had lots to chat about, and I was sad when she was like "OK, we have to go."
I was like please don't! Talk to me for a little while.. it is nice to talk to someone who isn't littering there conversation with demands for snack, drinks...etc.
Oh, well, we are back at the flat now, and the kids are watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I am enjoying the quiet!

1 comment:

colleen said...

Erin and I went to the Cath Kidston store in NYC last year. I went there to buy fabric, but it was $38/yard, which is insane. I didn't want to leave the store empty-handed, so I splurged on an $18 mug.

I can't believe you met someone with a Brigantine connection. Crazy!