Friday, February 02, 2007

I still do not have my computer, and am going CRAZY, loco, insane!! My apologies to all have emailed me, I have not had access to my email in weeks.. I am neither ignoring you or dead. I am posting this on Gabe's computer, which I hate using... but have wanted to post an update! Hopefully people are still reading... after not posting in a while..

We have been keeping really busy and have also settled into a nice routine. Our mornings are relaxing, and slow paced. When Phoebe goes down for her morning nap around 9:30, we sit down and do "school" and then when she wakes, we have lunch, and take off on an adventure!
Our favorite discovery has been the Science Museum which we have been to several times, and the kids just LOVE it. They are currently having a video game exhibit, where they basically have every game and gaming consoles of all time set up to play. George was mesmerized, and wants to go back every day. Mary-Mae was bored... ahhhh, the joys of personalities.
Also, we have become somewhat experts of the tube, and I LOVE it! SO easy to get around. Last weekend we made it out to the Children's museum with Gabe and that was really fun, and they were having a cool Miffy exhibit.

Today the kids and I took off for the Tate Museum of Modern Art. Which was ambitious and tough for me... my heart would skip a beat as we would walk into a room filled with Picasso works, quickly my eyes would scan the room eager to look at everything, and then my heart would drop and I would be pulled back to reality... I was in a museum with 3 young kids... looking at all the art.. not gonna happen. Oh, well.... someday!!! we did it at the kids pace.. (quickly) and I try to find something to slow them down. I taught them about the piece description found next to the art and showed them how to find the artist name, birthplace, name of piece and what it is made of and when. They thought that was neat. George in particular was curious about where the people were from and what it was made of. Mary-Mae was interested in the theatrical shock value art. No surprise there!

We are still LOVING LONDON! The weather the has been lovely and we have been going to some parks, and getting lots of outside time. On one of these visits Mary-Mae and George raced to the black iron gate when we were leaving, and Mary-Mae tripped and a black iron spoke cut open her chin! Poor thing, luckily no stiches. Also on bad news, poor Miss Phoebe is getting a moutful of teeth, and has been not very happy or sleeping well.

No comments: