Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hello? Is there anyone out there still reading??? Ugh- I can't believe how long it has been since I have made a post! There has been lots going on, and the biggest thing going on is that we are gearing up to come on back to the U.S of A! Two and a half weeks and counting! It feels so odd to think that this flat is not my home!!! I can't imagine being back in our house with a car, and people that I know everywhere!!! I am most looking forward to my bed, my friends, and the absence of the exchange rate!!!

Let's see... since I last posted we had a great visit from my parents and my niece, Lainie. Lainie stayed with us, and the kids had the best time!! They really enjoyed the company. And it is always nice to see my parents, as I adore them, and everything always seems a little bit more like home when family is around! I am so thankful that they were able to visit us twice, and share in this cool opportunity we had!

While they were here we made a day trip back to Henley, which I love just as much the second time, and the Wind in the Willows exhibit was OPEN! The kids really liked it! One of the best days was when my parents took Mary-Mae, George and Lainie to LegoLand in Windsor! Phoebe and I had a whole day to get out and around by ourselves!!! We went out to lunch with Gabe and then walked around and shopped and walked, and walked!!!! We walked through Hyde Park, which was fun as I have only been to the Kensigton Gardens side of that area.

On Saturday we all headed to Brighton, which may have been my breaking point... too many daytrips, train issues which caused us to have to get OFF the train and continue the journey on a double decker bus complete with about 5 or so stops along the route, and it goes on and on! The Royal Pavillion at Brighton, however, was VERY cool and I'm glad I got to see it. It is the palace the royals use to vacation while at the beach at Brighton.

This past weekend we went to Borough Market, which I wasn't too excited about. Being from Seattle, and being spoiled by Pike's Place, I just don't get that excited by the idea of going to an open air market, as I think Pike's Place is pretty tough to top! I wouldn't say this "topped" it because it was just completely different. We got to taste lots of interesting cheeses and meats, and see lots of other cool things. The market is located over the Thames so we walked over London Bridge to get there. Mary-Mae remarked as we were crossing, "Boy, I sure hope that song doesn't come true and the bridge falls down."

1 comment:

mamamilkers said...

I'm still reading! We can't wait for your return!!!