Thursday, April 26, 2007

I have been wanting to make a post of Random Observation of life in London...unorganized thoughts of things I noticed.....
here are some.

They REALLY like to bundle up! Themselves, their kids, and most importantly their BABIES!!!! It is in the high 60-low 70s and I STILL see babies being pushed passed me in snowsuits and blankets!!!! These babies are peaceful and asleep... I am guessing they are on the verge of heat stroke.

Yogurt-- there is a whole aisle dedicated to yogurt. I found it confusing when I got here... the varities and lables on themwere the most foreign thing to me in the food store.

LONDON CABS!!!! The best!! LOVE them. They are huge with a bench seat along the back and two jump seats that fold down facing the back seat. They are large enough that I can just wheel the stroller with Phoebe in it in, and we can all sit. Also, there is some crazy test with a low pass rate that all cab drivers take here (called "The Knowledge") where they have to know EVERY street in London... which is REALLY impressive considering the street name changes every two blocks or so. I have never gotten into a cab ANYWHERE and the cab driver didn't know where we lived!!!

They take their queues (waiting in line) VERY seriously... which I LOVE! I have been in line, and have had old ladies snap at people they don't think are queuing properly, and everyone around them will nod in agreement. Also most long queues I have been in have had SEVERAl people making sure that everyone was being "proper".

i will add on more as I think of them....

No comments: