Wednesday, May 16, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

We are home, and it feel so good!  The flight was long but the kids were amazing, so we were happy, going through customs on the other hand... not the funnest of all time with 3 kids who bodily clock was telling them it was 4 in the morning...
On the ride back to our house, I look at Gabe and said.."It so rural!"  After seeing pretty much city all around us, where ever we went for the past four months it was striking to see the expansive views, and trees, and mountains, etc.  And then when we pulled up closer to the city, we were all just giddy, the kids were yelling, "There's where Daddy works, there's the space needle."
The closer we got to our house, the more excited we got... it was so fun!  I never knew a homecoming could be SO fun.

Now, as we slowly settle back into the groove, we have small reminders of the experience that now seems like a distant memory.  The oyster card (London transport) I catch a glimpse of in my wallet when I go to pay for something, the butter dish that I fell in love with at Emma Bridgewater's store in Marylebone now sit on my kitchen counter, and so on... and it feels good to have those little things that quickly transport us back to that incredible time.

1 comment:

mom in wenatchee said...

Welcome back, can't wait for our weekend to catch up in person.
Renee