Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hip, Hip, I got a new camera! HOORAY!!! Finally-- I have been out one for so long, ours broke.... and now.. I am snapping away! We went down to the "City of London" where Gabe's office is this afternoon, picked up a new camera, and then had lunch with him. We ate at a place called Fuzzy's Grub, which makes wonderful sandwhiches and salads. Technically we didn't eat there, we got it to go and went to the Lane Powell office here in London, and we ate lunch with Gill who is their secretary here, and she is just such a lovely woman. She hid chocolate eggs around the office, and after lunch the kids had an easter egg hunt. Needless to say, they can't wait for our next visit down there to the office!

Let's see what else is new? Yesterday we went to the Natural History Museum, and I coughed up the admission fee into the "Dino Jaws" exhibit. The museum itself is free, and we have been there so much... I think we were all looking for something to do. George spent the entire time scrunched into the basket of the stroller he was so scared. Wish I had the camera yesterday-- that was a sight to see. We practically needed the jaws of life to remove him. Mary-Mae liked it, and I though it was pretty cool. They had huge robotic replicas... complete with growling, tail swooshing, eye blinking...

My other new british hobby is Nigella Lawson, from the show Nigella Bites. Being a Londoner herself, it seems the city is quite taken with her.. not only her cooking, but her wit and charm. So, far I have bought her Feast and her How to Eat cookbooks. All the measurments are in kg, ml, g, etc.. which is great for her.. but I am going to go mad at home. I am trying to pick out recipes without too many ingrediants.. as I don't want to stockpile the kitchen with a bunch of ingrediants when we are leaving in 7 weeks!!! Can you believe it? We most likely are leaving around May 17. Back to Nigella, everything I have made is yum yummy...

stay tune for some fabulous pictures from our new camera!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ehhhh, I am from I-DA-HO. Don't get this techy stuff. Miss Abby, have a tea for me.....until we can have one together!

Kristin