Friday, March 09, 2007

Last night, I had a wonderful evening! My friend Leigh, who is here visiting treated us treated me and her to the show Mary Poppins. Gabe stayed home with the kids, and we were able to get out the door in time to grab a quick drink and snack at a bar across the street from the Theather. I can't tell you how lovely it was to be in a bar. It was dark, and full of adults all dressed nicely, and I got to have a drink and an adult conversation. Even better then that was the show. It was SO wonderful.... did I mention we were sitting 8th row center. WOW! It was fantastic! The sets were amazing, absolutley AMAZING, and the actors, costumes..I loved it all. The highlight was the "supercalifrgilisticexpialidocious" song and dance---- ahhhhhh, I loved it so much, I cried. Seriously!! It was so fun.

It was also fun to watch the little girl and boy who played Jane and Michael Banks. They were so good, and their little relationship just made me think of George and Mary-Mae. I have enjoyed so much watching them grow up and be friends. This whole experience has just made them closer... and that is so sweet to see. The other day we were walking in Kensington Gardens, and they were running and chasing each other, and George was being his goofy self, and making Mary-Mae laugh.. and this went on for some time, until finally Mary-Mae draped her arm around his shoulder and fell into him laughing, his response was to lace his arm around her waist and the walked like that the rest of the way. Walking right in front of me, fitting perfectly together... brother and sister. It made my heart flutter, and I wished I had a camera..

No comments: