Friday, March 02, 2007

Yesterday we took the bus to Battersea. It is just over the Thames, and it was a really nice area. They have a park there, Battersea Park which is where we were headed. Inside the park is a Children's zoo, that we wanted to check out. It was a little less then thrilling. It was more of a petting zoo, which maybe I am a bad Mom, but they kinda just gross me out.... Gerbils, chickens, goats... you name it... There was a playground in the zoo, which was fun and kids had a great time on. Phoebe loves to go the swing, and it is just adorable, and the kids go nuts watching her... and then they fight over who's turn it is to ride down the slide with her.
The park itself was really pretty, and I loved that it was right on the water, and riding the bus is always an adventure, and a dissapointment to Mary-Mae when I say, "No, we can't sit up top...I can't carry Phoebe AND the stroller up the stairs." She never stops asking, everytime.. she thinks MAY-BE she grew an extra set of arms last night and can do it!!!

This morning we are hanging about the flat waiting to go meet Leigh at the Tube stop.

1 comment:

Judith Knowles said...

Abby...do you know how many times I've told my kids the petting zoo section at Woodland Pk Zoo is CLOSED??? I think Taylor has finally forgotten it's there...and I doubt Aiden has EVER seen it! I'm with you--but heck, I never brag about being a role model mom either ;-) Loved your toy store experience...I can totally see George's expression w/ the watch!!! Aiden still loves his Hungry Hippos...hopefully your housekeeper will find those runaway marbles under furniture before Phoebe does!
Have a great day Abby!!!