Thursday, March 01, 2007

My friend Leigh was suppose to arrive today, but slipped under our door was note saying she would arrive tomorrow. Thinking she got some amazing "bump" offer at the airport she chose to delay her travel. Checked my email, and turns out she MISSED her flight.... knowing Leigh like I do... this was a very traumatic experience for her. We will all have to be extra nice when she gets here. I promise not to let George attack her with his Tower of London sword, and yoda light saber at the same time.

Speaking of George.. so last weekend we went to Hamley's which is this HUGE 7 story toy store. We decide before we go in, which by the way we had to "queue in line" to do. We would let each of the kids pick something out. Before we even get in the store George decides he wants a Ben 10 watch. Ben 10 is this super hero kid that uses his watch to turn into differnt things. We go to the boy section, he finds the Ben 10 section, and grabs to watch and does his little "woohoo" dance. DOwn to the girl floor, Mary-Mae agonizes for 20 minutes "WHAT TO CHOOSE?"... alot of , "ooooh, if only I could choose 2 things..." later she decides on a Barbie Diaries diary. We then spot Gabe and George headed twords us.
"George would now like the Hungry Hungry Hippos Game. I had to explain to him that the watch was not actually going to turn him into things."
.....bless his little heart. He was standing there holding this watch that he was so excited for.. now looking like.. "what is this crap?" what is the point.... I think his optimistic dreamer ways are going to lead to lots of dissapointments like that---But lucky me, now I have 36 little white marbles to try and keep off the floor and out of Phoebe's mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! We just bought that game as a birthday gift for someone, and I was thinking back to when I played it. God bless George - little kids are so hopeful... I love their innocence.