Friday, March 23, 2007



Yesterday, Mary-Mae turned 6! Wow! I always like to look at the pictures we have on our computer of when she was born, and think back to what I can remember of that day and moment. The thing that always sticks out, and I don't think I will ever forget is the moment she was born and they put her on me. I was struck and surprised by how warm and alive she was. Like most first time moms, during pregnancy I watched endless hours of TLC Birth Stories, and was pretty much prepared for the visual of how everythng was going to happen. But nothing had prepared me for how the warm, living, breathing body was going to feel against my skin. I remember it took my breath away, and I started to sob, because with the wieght of this little baby on me made me realize that there was now another person in the world, and I was her Mom.
Six years, seems like a lifetime ago in a way, but yet I can't believe she is half way to 12!!! YIKES!

We celebrated by going out to lunch and then to the Toy store where some wonderful toys and books were picked out. A quick tube ride home, and we broke into the toys, and played! Last night we had chinese for dinner, which is now her new favorite cuisine.

With the festivities behind me, I can now prepare for next week, when Phoebe turns 1!

My how the time flies.

No comments: